Here I will give you Top- 100+ multiple choice question related to the 8085 microprocessor which will help in you college or university examinations, in your mid semester examination and in your upcoming AKTU examination .
11. Which one of the following statements is correct regarding the instruction CMP A ?
a .compare accumulator with register A
b .compare accumulator with memory
c .compare accumulator with register H
d .This instruction does not exist
12. The instruction JNC 16-bit refers to jump to 16-bit address if ?
a .sign flag is set
b .carry flag is reset
c .zero flag is set
d .sparity flag is reset
13. Among the given instructions, the one which affects the maximum number of flags is ?
14. XCHG instruction of 8085 exchanges the content of ?
a.top of stack with contents of register pair
b.BC and DE register pairs
c.HL and DE register pairs
d.None of the above
15. The number of output pins of a 8085 microprocessor are
16. Following is a 16-bit register for 8085 microprocessor
17. The register which holds the information about the nature of results of arithmetic of logic operations is called as
b.Condition code register
d.Process status registers
18. When referring to instruction words, a mnemonic is
a.a short abbreviation for the operand address.
b.a short abbreviation for the operation to be performed.
c.a short abbreviation for the data word stored at the operand address.
d.Shorthand for machine language.
19. In a 8085 microprocessor system with memory-mapped I/O, which of the following is true?
a.Devices have 8-bit‘address line
b.Devices are accessed using IN and OUT instructions
c.There can be maximum of 256 input devices and 256 output devices
d.Arithmetic and logic operations can be directly performed with the I/O data
20. Consider the following statements:
Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU)
1 . Performs arithmetic operations.
2. Performs comparisons.
3. Communicates with I/O devices.
4. Keeps watch on the system.
Which of these statements are correct?
a.1, 2, 3 and 4
b.1,2 and 3 only
c.1 and 2 only
d.3 and 4 only
21. Ready pin 0f microprocessor is used
a.to indicate that the microprocessor is ready to receive inputs
b.to indicate that the microprocessor is ready to receive outputs
c.to introduce wait state
d.to provide direct memory access
22. A bus connected between the CPU and the main memory that permits transfer of information between main memory and the CPU is known as
23. The operations executed by two or more control units are referred as
24. Consider the following registers:
1. Accumulator and flag register
2. B and C registers
3. D and E registers
4. H and L registers
Which of these 8-bit registers of 8085 μP can be paired together to make a 16-bit register?
a.1, 3 and 4
b.2, 3 and 4
c.1, 2 and 3
d.1, 2 and 4
25. The first microprocessor to include virtual memory in the Intel microprocessor family is
26. Program counter in a digital computer
a.counts the numbers of programs run in the machine ,
b.counts the number of times a subroutine is called
c.counts the number of times the loops are executed
d.points the memory address of the current or the next instruction to be executed
27. Assuming LSB is at position 0 and MSB at position 7, which bit positions are not used (undefined) in Flag Register of an 8085 microprocessor?
a.1, 3, 5
b.2, 3, 5
c.1, 2, 5
d.1, 3, 4
28. At the beginning of a fetch cycle, the contents of the program counter are
a.incremented by one
b.transferred to address bus
c.transferred to memory address register
d.transferred to memory data register
29. Each instruction in an assembly language program has the following fields
What is the correct sequence of these fields?
a.1, 2, 3 and 4
b.2, 1, 4 and 3
c.1,3, 2 and 4
d.2, 4, 1 and 3
30. The relation among IC (instruction Cycle), FC (Fetch Cycle) and EC (Execute Cycle) is
a.IC = FC − EC
b.IC = FC+ EC
c.IC= FC + 2EC
d.EC = IC+FC
you can go through all the pages by clicking on the link given by page number and can check all the questions .It will absolutely help in your examinations . So read these questions carefully and if you are facing any problem then please comment your problem in comment box.
- Very Cool numbers | Hacker earth solution
- Vowel Recognition | Hackerearth practice problem solution
- Birthday party | Hacker earth solution
- Most frequent | hacker earth problem solution
- program to find symetric difference of two sets
- cost of balloons | Hacker earth problem solution
- Chacha o chacha | hacker earth problem solution
- jadu and dna | hacker earth solution
- Bricks game | hacker earth problem
- Anti-Palindrome strings | hacker earth solution
- connected components in the graph | hacker earth data structure
- odd one out || hacker earth problem solution
- Minimum addition | Hackerearth Practice problem
- The magical mountain | Hackerearth Practice problem
- The first overtake | Hackerearth Practice problem
- Program to find cycle in the graph
- Implementation of singly link list
- Implementation of queue by using link list
- Algorithm of quick sort
- stack by using link list
- program to find preorder post order and inorder of the binary search tree
- Minimum weight of spanning tree
- Preorder, inorder and post order traversal of the tree
- How to set limit in the floating value in python
- What is boolean data type
- How to print any character without using format specifier
Must check this:-